From: "Nita and Shaunna, UltraViolet" <info@...>
Date: February 14, 2017 at 3:45:20 PM EST
To: "Alison todd" <alisontodd1@...>
Subject: Paul Ryan's not expecting this

Dear Alison,

Speaker Paul Ryan doesn't want to hear from you--his phones are always busy, his voicemail is always full, and he won't even hold a town hall.

As the Speaker of the House, Ryan has a lot of power to either push through or stop Trump's hateful agenda. So, whether it's about protecting the Affordable Care Act, defending Planned Parenthood, or simply standing up to Trump, now is the time to make our voices heard loud and clear.

Since he's not making it easy, we've figured out a different way to get through to him--UltraViolet is going to drive a truck full of postcards to Speaker Ryan's front door. If you write a note right now, we'll put it on a postcard and deliver it with thousands of others! Can you take two minutes to write a note to Speaker Ryan and ask your friends to join you? More people than ever before are motivated to contact Congress, but they can't get through. That's why all your friends on Facebook need to know about this--so their message can be delivered right away.

Speaker Paul Ryan needs to hear from you and everyone you know.

Send a postcard

It's unacceptable that it's this hard to get through to the leader of the House of Representatives, so we are getting creative to get his attention.

One to three sentences is really all it takes to make your stand on an issue clear. After you take a few minutes to write your note, forward this to everyone you know. We are literally trying to fill a truck!

And just as important, this is a moment of unprecedented activism--some people are contacting Congress for the first time. If they try calling Speaker Ryan and can't get through, they might lose motivation to stay involved. That's why it's so important you share this with as many people as possible and make sure people know they will be heard.

Write your note to Speaker Ryan right now and ask your friends to join you.

Thanks for making your voice heard,

--Nita, Shaunna, Kat, Karin, Adam, Holly, Kathy, Onyi, Susan, Anathea, Audine, Shannon, Megan, Libby, Emma, PaKou, and Pilar, the UltraViolet team

Want to support our work? UltraViolet is funded by members like you, and our tiny staff ensures small contributions go a long way. Chip in here.

You can unsubscribe from this mailing list at any time.

Beth Eisenberg <jubilada@...>

I have real questions about the point of this, I don't think Paul Ryan cares about how many post cards he gets,  and also about the ecological impact . Post cards are trees. Climate  change is a huge concern.
Beth

Sent from my iPhone

On Feb 15, 2017, at 9:40 AM, Alison Todd <alisontodd1@...> wrote:

Hi all,
I resist forwarding things, but this seems like a good way to reach Paul Ryan and others in Congress beyond "preaching to the choir" with our own Senators and Representative.
Alison

Alison Todd, LICSW
78 Main St., Suite 209
Northampton, MA 01060
(413) 584-6464

Sent from my iPhone

Begin forwarded message:

From: "Nita and Shaunna, UltraViolet" <info@...>
Date: February 14, 2017 at 3:45:20 PM EST
To: "Alison todd" <alisontodd1@...>

[...]

Vati Sreiberg

I read about this earlier and sent my note for a postcard.

 I agree that paper is trees and nothing is more important than our environment right now, but I also believe that this Congress and administration is worse for the planet than any thing else. I also think that every action matters, if only energetically, to keep us and them remembering that this isn't business as usual, that this isn't the way our government is supposed to work. It may not change his mind, but it might change the energy, or the vote of one person who sees it, someone who carries the mail or works in his office. We can't let this get to feel normal. There have been several good articles this week about how little time we really have to stop this momentum in the wrong direction and that the protests must not stop, big ones and little ones, even as we also do the harder, more nitty gritty work.

Vati

From: "Nita and Shaunna, UltraViolet" <info@...>
Date: February 14, 2017 at 3:45:20 PM EST
To: "Alison todd" <alisontodd1@...>

[...]

Diane

I saw Alison's request and sent a post card.  And I agree with Vati says here-- plus I think it is important that Paul Ryan, who is a public servant,  not be allowed to close himself from all access by the people he represents in the narrowest sense and those who's broader interests he should be aware of in his powerful role as Speaker.  I suspect access to his home might be blocked, my fantasy is that someone could arrange to fly over or near his home and deliver postcards, that way as well.  Neighbors might not like it, but they might get the message, too.  Dramatic and energizing actions are very much called for at the moment and those who can, should, IMO.

Hopefully the UltraViolet people are savvy enough to use cards made from recycled paper. Diane

From: "Nita and Shaunna, UltraViolet" <info@...>
Date: February 14, 2017 at 3:45:20 PM EST
To: "Alison todd" <alisontodd1@...>

[...]

I respect the viewpoints offered and will send my postcard too.

Sent from my iPhone

olga ehrlich

Hello all,

I too have been sending pre-stamped postcards from the post office to officials whose voicemail boxes are "full". I will continue to do so when I cannot get through. We put our return addresses on the cards sent to Paul Ryan's home, mailed on January 22, and they have not come back, so I am hoping that they were delivered.

I look forward to seeing you all again and talking about how we continue to organize and resist, on Sunday.

Best,

Olga

From: "Nita and Shaunna, UltraViolet" <info@...>
Date: February 14, 2017 at 3:45:20 PM EST
To: "Alison todd" <alisontodd1@...>

[...]

Patty Kimura

If Paul Ryan can experience just an nth of degree of discomfort that the policies of Trump and the proposed policies of the GOP majorities have and will cause the broad swath of Americans, I'm in favor.  They have been insulated too long by their choirs of supporters and donors who usually turn out to express echoing opinions.  It's why Trump is holding a rally for himself, because he doesn't like hearing and seeing that what he is doing is not popular with the majority who never voted for him and are the reason for his nickname "Least Popular 1 Month American President, Ever. Except in Russia. Sad"

I sent a postcard.  Send postcards!